Subject: Mini USB connector on JBR V2
From: David H. Straayer (
Date: 2004-06-06

I have a problem with the mini-USB connector on my JBR 20 V2. I guess
I'm going to have to attack it myself, since there doesn't seem to be an
electronics repair shop in all of Sacramento willing to undertake the
job. :-(

I'd like to buy the new receptacle first, before I undertake the
disassembly, so that I can do the whole job at one sitting.

I know that others on this group have replaced batteries in V2s. I'm
hoping that somebody can ID the connector: is it SMT, DIP, or what??
I've found that there are several varieties of mini-USB receptacles. If
anybody just happens to have a disassembled V2 lying around, it should
be easy to ID the part.

Dave Straayer