Subject: Re: Speech/talk problem
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2004-06-07

At 22:30 06/06/04, you wrote:
> > This is also the same with queued stuff. Eg. "minus" "0" "d" "b" ....I
> > might hear "<skip><jump>db"
> >
> > The final thing is that I can get "<skip><jump>recording" if I don't hold
> > the button for too long, maybe 1.5s is okay but 3s causes a trailing word
> > fragment (times are estimates.)
> >
> > I think there is a problem with shutup(), but there may be some weird
> > buffer thing that you already know about, so I thought I'd ask before I
> > went hunting.
>
>Being human, I can never be 100% sure, but I was trying hard to feed the
>data in a way that is most digestive to the MAS (not breaking frames).
>However, the MAS has enough internal buffer to create latency on it's own, I
>found it hard to control it with such fine granularity. Feel free to try
>better, maybe you'll find something.
>
>Jörg

Cool - I suspected it might be something complicated, glad I asked.

Tonight playing Mario Kart 64 I suddenly realised how I could achieve
stereo mixing for games with synched audio (I lost the MK64, but won at
MK-GC & New Tetris (64)) - given the nature of the task I may encounter the
same problem - so I may well take a look soon enough :)

Cheers,

BC