Subject: Re: Gmini Rockbox Progress ?

Re: Gmini Rockbox Progress ?

From: sophana <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 17:54:09 +0200

I don't understand why is micheal working on an emulator.
If it was me I would:
- find a C compiler (gcc if possible)
- try to generate a assembly routine which does the necessary init then
call the main C routine(coming from disassembly of orginial firmware)
- create a routine which rescramble the firmware
- try to access the devices, and the most important is the screen so you
can print debug results
- try to find the device mapping

Once he gets printf working, it will get a LOT faster...
maybe he could not rescramble a firmware yet?

I don't own a gmini because it has no open source firmware, even if the
hardware seems better than good old jukebox.
I'm actualy looking at ebay for a good old archos recorder v1, and just
found one.
If it could just print debug strings on the screen, maybe I'll buy one
and help hacking it one day, but actually it's too late.