Subject: Re: sony cd changer emulation almost finished
From: Michael Graham (magog_at_the-wire.com)
Date: 2004-06-08

Thanks for your response - I'm glad to know there's no archos mod required -
that makes it much more likely that I'll actually get around to trying to build
this. Also good advice about trying to source a damaged unilink cable.

> You then add the archos connection which is a simple 2 wires cable
> connecting the grounds and the archos remote pin to one of the pic pin
> with a pull up resistor.

I'm an electronics newbie, so I'm having trouble figuring this out from the
schematic on the unilink pages. Which pic pin goes to the archos remote pin?

Also, how does this connect to the archos? From Steve Russel's remote page
(http://www.geocities.com/raichea/), I gather that it connects via a four-pole
plug in the line out:

    Tip: Left audio out (JP2-1)
    Ring1: Right audio out (JP2-3)
    Ring 2: Serial data in (JP1-1)
    Barrel: Ground (JP2-2)

Is that correct? Sorry for all the questions - I do appreciate the help.
And thanks for developing such a nifty project!

Michael

--
Michael Graham
magog_at_the-wire.com