Subject: Re: Bluechip forking
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-06-08

sophana wrote:
> the linux kernel has TONs of options (with xconfig...)
> rockbox has a (very small) configure script. It should exploited better,
> don't you think?

More options means more builds, and more combinations in which to hunt bugs.

And the fact is that most people (I'd guess >95%) don't know how to compile their own build, and so for the vast majority this work would be wasted.

> The number of waiting patches is clearly high...

Yes, but that is not helped much by making branches in the version control system. A branch is no different than a patch.

--
Björn