Subject: Re: Legal issues, names, privacy, and pseudonyms

Re: Legal issues, names, privacy, and pseudonyms

From: John Stevenson <steveo1967_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:22:45 +0100 (BST)

I am not sure the point is being missed on this. Reading through the logs etc. Bluechip has offered to pass on his name to the Rockbox development team but not to have this name within the code he has produced. Looking back in to the history of coding etc. I can see many examples of peope using nicknames for their coding work - their real names are known by the company producing the product. For examples of this I would suggest you get hold of MAME and look at the names in the credits of some of the roms.

Legally as long as the Rockbox team have his name, it would then be only a case of passing this on. It has already been mentioned that by reversing his email address it is possible to locate where the person is, which ISP and lots more beside. MY own view is that Bluechip has attempted to reach a compromise. I may be wrong and people on this list will let me know.

John