Subject: RE: Legal issues, names, privacy, and pseudonyms
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2004-06-09

All this legal/privacy stuff is quite interesting, and we could all go on
and on "discussing" it for ages. I agree with both sides of the coin. But
ultimately it is zagor's call as he will be the one they go after.

I propose that the Audio_3587 code is unlikely to raise copyright isuues,
because (I assume) it is based on publicly available information ie. the
MAS3587 datasheet. Othelo is another matter, I wouldn't include it with
RockBox. It can remain available as a plugin on the "author's" website.

This way we all get the benefit without zagor taking the risk. I know there
are principals involved here, and as I said I agree strongly with both
sides, I'm just looking for a way through the stalemate.

Stu.