Subject: RE: "-._.-" Audio_3587 - Public Release "-._.-"

RE: "-._.-" Audio_3587 - Public Release "-._.-"

From: Mark Bright <mark_at_redbreva.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 20:33:58 +0100

|May I quote from the release notes:
|"The FULL documentation is not yet finished, but there has
|been quite some demand on me to get this released. Be assured
|comprehensive documentation is on it's way."

I was not being critical of your work, just that it's too complex to guess
your way around...

|>And, more seriously
|>It has completely locked up my FMR! I hit OFF to stop the current
|>track - it didn't... I held OFF to reset the box, it ignored it...
|>After about 1 minute it finally stopped playing the track (I suspect
|>the MP3 buffer exhausted?)
|>I had to remove the battery lid to switch it off!
|
|I cannot understand how a plug-in could possibly disable the
|hardware off-switch.
|But if I have managed it, I have a fantastic use for it ;)
|
|Could you please give me step-by-step instruction of how to
|make it happen so I can fix this immediately.

I cannot give EXACT instructions, but I have managed to crash my FMR another
three since by doing something along the lines of :

ROLO to your build
F2 to reset
F1
AVC 20ms
Stereo Separtion: Custom Leftbox 1.000 Topbox 0.125
                        Rightbox 1.000 Btmbox 0.125
MDB : top hex figure 3F:40
      Height = 71
      Start of curve = 30
      End of Curve = 110

I then exit back to the file browser, and select a track
Start and stop it a number of times
Press and hold OFF
Screen drops back to track listing, and quiet high pitched tone is heard in
the headphones, the unit is now frozen...

It may be that I have chosen a really stupid set of values, I was not trying
for maximum quality - just playing to see what changed what....

Hope this helps

Mark