Subject: Re: making plugins work

Re: making plugins work

From: Mat Holton <mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:59:09 +0100

To Bluechip:
Why aren't you releasing the source code to your work?

-----Original Message-----From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>To: Rockbox development <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>Sent: 10/06/2004 08:32Subject: Re: making plugins workOn Wed, 9 Jun 2004, BlueChip wrote:

> I would love to see the doors of Rockbox fly open so that plugins, like

> mine, can run freely.

Me too. But from our discussion, it was clear that there are several

outstanding issues with your plugin and the way it works, that we cannot

accept into the core. I hope those get sorted out.

Since a while you are not even providing the source code to your patches (both

the Audio 3587 and the Klondike one), making it completely impossible for

anyone to even consider building them for themselves. This is not only a

license violation in each case, it also makes it harder for concerned people

to figure out what changes you suggest/require/wish to see.