Subject: Re: AJB wake up in car application
From: Carsten Tschach (
Date: 2004-06-10

> I believe that the 'car wake up option only works with flashed units.
> With non-flashed units the Archos software takes control when power is
> applied from 'off' state, and starts charging the unit. Rockbox does not
> get a look-in in this case.

Well, I flashed my Recorder V2 first with Version 2.2 and than flashed the
current daily-build.

If I disconnect the Recorder from power it will first pause (Car Mode) and
then switch off after some period of time. If I reconnect power it goes into
charging mode (Rockbox charging Symbol)...but it didn't wake up until I
press the "On"-Button.

It also then ask me "Resume? Play = Yes...." - why is he doing this? In
General Settings -> Bookmarking - > Load Last Bookmark the option is set to
"Yes" and not to "Ask" of "No".

Shouldn't the device automaticly continue to play where he stopped?!

Bye, Carsten