Subject: RE: Legal issues, names, privacy, and pseudonyms

RE: Legal issues, names, privacy, and pseudonyms

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:59:39 +0100

At 09:30 10/06/04, you wrote:

> > "Othelo is another matter, I wouldn't include it with RockBox."
> >
> > I gotta ask ...why?
> >
>Because it isn't worth the legal risk.
>
>Stu.

WHAT legal risk?
Is it the fact that the name is similar to the Mattel(tm) name?
Is it that the game follows the same ruleset as Microsoft(tm) Reversi?
Is it that the graphics are reminiscent of somethng you would have expected
to see on the ZX81(tm) version?
I am genuinely intrigued to know - we don't have to debate the finer
legal-ese of it, I'm just fascinated as to what it is that I seem to have
missed.

Cheers,

BC