Subject: Re: spin down in linux
From: Peter Grecian (
Date: 2004-06-10

Me too - if the usb cable is plugged in then the disk spins up.
The umount will do a sync to the disk so it is save to remove,
but I too would like to know how to make the disk spin down.

Christopher Moore wrote:

>When connected my jbr in linux, I can't get the drive to spin down even
>after unmounting. Am I alone? How do the windows drivers force the drive
>to spin down when you "safely remove" the drive?

        Peter Grecian ¦
The Moving Picture Co ¦
 127 Wardour St, Soho ¦ T:020 7434 3100 F:020 7437 3951
  London, UK, W1F 0NL ¦ Lat 51:30:48 Long -0:07:58