Subject: Re: What happened to the SDK for Dadio? (hipzip hacking anyone?)
From: Joseph Jones (joe_at_bumpycarrot.cjb.net)
Date: 2004-06-10

I don't think the I-Jam or HipZip are realistic port targets. I don't
think Pocket Zip disks were all that popular, and I-Jam couldn't seem to
be able to make their mind up on whether they wanted to use MMC cards or
CF in their players.

Not to mention that these players are so old that the I-Jam and iObject
websites don't even exist anymore :( As for Dadio SDK, I got very few
hits on google when I searched for it (two pages). I did however find
the eCos kernel by RedHat. Turns out that Dadio is not Linux. It's based
on Redhat's own eCos kernel, which is open source... So unless RedHat
had a seperate license for Interactive Objects, Dadio should be open
source as well. But I find it quite likely that they did have a seperate
license, since the eCos kernel doesn't appear to support any Pocket Zip
readers.

Joe