Subject: RE: Legal issues, names, privacy, and pseudonyms
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2004-06-10

> WHAT legal risk?
> > Is it the fact that the name is similar to the Mattel(tm) name?
>
>wouldn't Tetris have the same problem? IIRC, there have been legal battles
>involving nintendo and
>other game companies that made tetris-clones.
>
>-scott

That's what I was wondering, nintendo are as relentless as Microsoft ove
such things.
The last case I knew of Nintendo winning, was $6M USD which put the company
they were suing out of business for good.

There are possibly similar troubles with other games in Rockbox - I suppose
it just depends on how many risks Bjo"rn is prepared to take. The risk of
Nintendo is pretty severe.

BC