Subject: Re: A thought on the voice UI
From: Glenn Ervin at Home (
Date: 2004-06-11

Here is my thoughts on the whole spelling thing.
I sure hope the following is possible:
Since I cannot imagine anyone actually wanting to hear every file spelled as
he or she moves through the list, as it is painfully slow, I have thought
that it would make sense to press a key combination like on + another key to
make the file you are at to be spelled.
Is this feasible?
There are times when I am moving through the list, and I know I am on file
174, for example, but I do want to know what that file is; so only at times
would I find this spelling feature useful.