Subject: Re: Scripting language
From: Joseph Jones (joe_at_bumpycarrot.cjb.net)
Date: 2004-06-11

Heheh, I noticed you mention the ZX81 earlier today, and now you want to
implement inkey$ ;)

I picked up a pristine 7 year old ZX81 when I was about 11, my aunt had
given it to us when it was brand new and it'd never been used until I
got it out (my aunt was a headteacher and the school bought those bad
boys just before Acorn started giving out the BBC for free).

I once tried writing a window manager in BASIC on the 81 (I hadn't
taught myself hex)... I hadn't even written the redrawing routine before
I used up all the screen memory to store the program :D

Joe