Subject: Re: Legal Allegations Quelled
From: Magnus Holmgren (lear_at_algonet.se)
Date: 2004-06-11

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> We can get lots of help in these areas without source code being involved at
> all. The answers to the problems on how to make speach and languages work for
> plugins are better produced in plain english in a mail, than source code.

Hm...

Regarding translated rocks: since language.c is such a small and simple
function, why not include it in the libplugin (or whatever it is
called)? That would mean a separate .lang file per .rock, but I guess it
would be difficult to do it any other way...

During startup, the plugin would have to load the language, but the rest
would "only" be makefile problems, wouldn't it? :)

As for talking, the plugin would need to handle most of that itself,
wouldn't it? If so, the only thing the Rockbox core needs is the name of
the voice file, which can be provided by an API function. Then use the
voice API as usual. (Note that I don't know much about the voice code,
so this might be a simple, elegant and completely wrong solution. :)

--
Magnus Holmgren