Subject: Re: Newbie Alert
From: Joseph Jones (
Date: 2004-06-11

I can't really comment on choosing a device because I just saw the model
I wanted in the local PC supermarket and just bought it :/

However, there have been numerous discussions on porting Rockbox. The
iRiver has been discussed, but no moves have been made. There are people
with the newer Archos units waiting for other development projects to
develop the basics so that Rockbox can be ported (namely the GMini and
the Archos devices with Mp4 etc.)