Subject: Re: after installing dir.talk script
From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2004-06-11

rinty wrote:

> Hi, after installing the script that makes the directory names spoken
> and running it, would you have to run it again each time you added or
> deleted directories from your rockbox? I'll store the artist names off
> the genre directories, but will change the music on my archos fairly
> regularly.

Yes, you will need to re-run the script if you add or remove folders. If
you edit the following line in the script (assuming you use the version
from Joerg's web page) in the text editor of your choice

  OverWriteMP3 = True

and set it to "False" rather than "True" (without the quotes), then the
script will only process folders that lack an existing .talk clip. This
will substantially reduce the amount of time needed to perform updates.
If you rename a folder, you'd better delete the .talk file yourself,
however. The script isn't smart enough to know whether a name has been
changed or not, only whether the .talk file exists or not.