Subject: Re: after installing script
From: Brian Wolven (
Date: 2004-06-11

rinty wrote:

> Thanks Brian, on a connected subject, I've installed the script and
> the lame encoder, run the script, and I get a runtime IO error on line
> 10. The error comes from script host. I'm running XP home. Any
> suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Are you using the version of the script from Joerg's site? Line 10 is a
comment, so that seems kind of odd. You might try running the script
like so, from a command prompt, starting in the folder that contains
both the script and lame.exe (i.e., change to that folder at the command
line, or use the 'Open command window here' powertoy on XP):

cscript //d mp3ClipGen.vbs [append full path to some test folder here,
without square brackets]

This option *may* provide a little more debugging info. I can't get it
to produce an error, so it's hard to tell. =)