Subject: Re: A higher quality voicefont?
From: Glenn Ervin at Home (
Date: 2004-06-12

I think your solution is in the mic for the Archos.
I have used a cheap little amplified mic, about the size of a small match
box, it even fits into my Archos pouch with my recorder.
It uses a little battery or two, like a hearing aid battery, I have not yet
opened the battery compartment to know how many. But sounds are quite clear
with no hiss when I use this mic.
I think I may have paid around 15 Dollars for it from a place that usually
charges a little more than other places, but I don't have to go searching
for stuff when this place advertises that they have an item.
I posted the name of the mic in an earlier post when you first brought up
the mic issue.