Subject: Hardware Question(s)...
From: stuart (stuart_at_xnet.com)
Date: 2004-06-13

Hi...

About: Hardware Question(s)...

Was looking at the RockBox schematics and the specifications for a chip
inside (ISD 200 ATA-USB-Processor Bridge) and wondered how could the
RockBox be mixing 3 and 5 volt parts?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the ISD 200 is a 3 volt part and
there are pages (specifically the pages at funmp3players.com) that talk
about adding a standard 5 volt hard disk drive... What's up with that?

Just looked up the hard drive Richard (on this page:
http://www2.funmp3players.com/reviews/modify/) claimed came in his
Jukebox 6000 and it's a 5 volt part as well.

Hum, lots of questions, I know. But, could someone tell me about the
schematics on the http://rockbox.haxx.se/schematics page? Is the
"Junkebox 6000" schematic the 3rd revision of the Jukebox Recorder? And
the link to the schematic below called "Jukebox Recorder" the 2nd
revision? I ask because in what I think is the 2nd revision the ISD 1.8
core and 3.3 edge voltage pins are all connected to Vcc. But in what I
think is the 3rd revision, none of the pins are connected. Interesting...

                ...thanks for reading my questions / ramblings,
                   stuart_at_xnet.com