Subject: Hardware Question(s)...
From: stuart (
Date: 2004-06-13

About: Hardware Question(s)...

Was looking at the RockBox schematics and the specifications for a chip
inside (ISD 200 ATA-USB-Processor Bridge) and wondered how could the
RockBox be mixing 3 and 5 volt parts?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the ISD 200 is a 3 volt part and
there are pages (specifically the pages at that talk
about adding a standard 5 volt hard disk drive... What's up with that?

Just looked up the hard drive Richard (on this page: claimed came in his
Jukebox 6000 and it's a 5 volt part as well.

Hum, lots of questions, I know. But, could someone tell me about the
schematics on the page? Is the
"Junkebox 6000" schematic the 3rd revision of the Jukebox Recorder? And
the link to the schematic below called "Jukebox Recorder" the 2nd
revision? I ask because in what I think is the 2nd revision the ISD 1.8
core and 3.3 edge voltage pins are all connected to Vcc. But in what I
think is the 3rd revision, none of the pins are connected. Interesting...

                ...thanks for reading my questions / ramblings,