Subject: sleep timer
From: mat holton (matholton_at_landofconfusion.com)
Date: 2004-06-13

hello,

I use the sleep timer a hell of a lot and wanted to ask this question:
Does the timer switch off the box straight away or does it first ensure the drive has finished spinning so as to avoid that horrible/'scary noise the HDD makes when it instantly loses power?

I ask this as i'm slightly worried about damaging my brand new Box this way...perhaps the problems with my original one were caused by this?

I did use the sleep mode every night for almost a year you see.

thanks, mat