Subject: reg installing the firmware

reg installing the firmware

From: ishwar <ramani_at_myway.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 03:27:42 -0400 (EDT)

hi,
I just purchased an archos jukebox 6000 running on firmware ver:4.13.
I was lucky to spot your website by accident and thanks a lot for a great software. I copied the archos.mod file and .rockbox directory as instructed. On rebooting i was still running the old firmare. I tried the following solutions listed in your website.
1. removed the old firmware renamed with a .old extension
2. Using the directory snoop mentioned in the FAQ to purge the old files
3. Copying the files again to the archos drive

I am still running the old firmware. It is furstrating to read about all the cool features and not be able to use it. I would appreciate any help. thanks a lot.

ishwar