Subject: Re: Newbie Alert
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2004-06-14

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:32:20 +0200, Björn Stenberg wrote:
> We are definitively positive about porting Rockbox to other platforms.
> However the IRiver probably won't be a target, since they have built
> their Karma model around the heavily guarded PortalPlayer chip. You
> have to give away your firstbort child to see the docs for that chip.

iRiver Karma?

How about the iHP 100 series? I think the Karma is a Rio (Digital

I just got an iHP 120, very sweet hardware, don't know the chips used, but
I can see the firmware has a long way to go. Two of the biggest
annoyances are lack of ability to delete files on the fly (pretty much
unforgivable on a recording device) and lack of ability to record from FM
(though this may be a design issue, but the thing is so well designed
otherwise I find this hard to believe)