Subject: Re: Newbie Alert
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-06-14

Chris Holt wrote:
> iRiver Karma?
>
> How about the iHP 100 series? I think the Karma is a Rio (Digital
> Networks).

Oh, right, I got the players mixed up.

I have been playing with the iHP120 in a store once, and I liked the hardware too. The LCD remote especially was very nice. The navigation button on the main unit however put me off completely, since you must navigate by carefully nudging it sideways instead of just pushing arrow buttons. I found it very easy to accidentally push it down instead of to the side.

I haven't looked at the hardware in any more detail. There is always a half-dozen topics on the official iRiver forum asking for open source firmware, but I haven't seen anyone make a go of it.

--
Björn