Subject: Archos 6000 shuts down when phono jack inserted
From: GinjaNinja (
Date: 2004-06-14

Hi all,

I love the rockbox project, absolutly great.

I've had the archos 6000 for about 5 months now. I got it second hand for
50eur. great value.

But lately I've noticed that if the archos is on and I insert the headphone
jack to the "ear" socket, then the archos shuts down.
So I've to start the archos with the headphone plugged in. Starts up fine
works fine until ther is any movement in the hedphone jack. Even if you just
tip it, it will shut down.

Has anybody found this problem before. It's not a firmware prob.

I've taken it apart and haven't found and probs with bad connections ?????

any help