Subject: Re: Script error, like Rob's?

Re: Script error, like Rob's?

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:04:53 -0400

Aman Singer wrote:
> Hi, all, and particularly Brian and anyone who knows about the Windows
> Scripting Host". When I run the mp3clipgen.vbs script, I get the following
> error, which seems not unlike Rob's error of a few days ago
>
> Windows Script Host
> Script: C:\Program Files\Lame\mp3ClipGen.vbs Line: 175
> Char: 10
> Error: 0x80045012
> Code: 80045012
> Source: (null)
> OK
>
> Does anyone know what this error means? I've checked the space on
> the Jukebox and on my own HD. There are more than ten GB free on each.
> Google isn't giving me any answers with the error code.
> Any ideas, if I may ask?

That seems to be the following line, assuming you're using the version
from Joerg's pages, unmodified:

   spkr.Speak(ClipSpeak)

It looks like the specified string, ClipSpeak, is null, or else you were
unable to open the wave file for output. ClipSpeak was constructed as
follows from the folder name:

        '--- Truncate path to last folder name.

          LastSlash = InStrRev(ThisFldr,"\",-1,1)
          ClipSpeak = Right(ThisFldr,Len(ThisFldr)-LastSlash)

It's kind of hard to tell why that would happen - I don't think you can
have a folder name that is null. The script does put out a few
diagnostics that might help; could you look for a file called
dirname_summary.txt in the same folder as the mp3ClipGen script, and
post the contents (or at least the last few lines) of that file? That
might provide a clue, as it should tell us the string that was to be
spoken and the filename in which it was to be stored.