Subject: RE: Fade on Power on/off
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2004-06-15

> From: BlueChip [mailto:cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net]
> Don't panic about the hdd, what was the quote 200,000 bad
> shut-downs before a problem may occur.

It was 20,000 but I guess the real point was that it WILL cause a drive to
fail. And remember that this was an average, so someones drive may fail
after 40,000 bad shut-downs, and your drive may fail after one bad shutdown,
an avearge of 20,000 ;-) (I know this isn't exactly how MTTF works but it is
a good example to illustrate my point [MTTF = Mean Time To Failure]).

Stu.