Subject: Re: Prob with Archos fm
From: Mat Holton (mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com)
Date: 2004-06-15

I guess you're right.
It doesn't change the fact that he asked to be 'blown'...whatever that may mean.

-----Original Message-----From: rinty <rinty_at_freeuk.com>To: Rockbox development <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>Sent: 15/06/2004 14:33Subject: RE: Prob with Archos fmHi guys,

I'd like to make a few points here if I could.

1. Please believe that I'm not defending someone whose rood, or

vulgar. There's no need for it, though I've seen the F word in a post

or 2 in the past, and wouldn't consider it beyond the realms of

possibility that I might use it myself. I think that freedom of

expression is more important than vulgarity. Some people's limited

vocabulary means that they have limited ways of expressing themselves,

and therefore normal rules don't necessarily appertain.

2. I'd hate to think we were banning someone for the non-sin of not

being particularly articulate, or for whom spelling and punctuation is

a problem. I'm not the world's greatest speller myself, and I'd hate

to have my punctuation put under the microscope: I also have very mild

dyslexia.

3. Some people don't find it easy to follow instructions, had it not

been for Aman's amazingly good instructions for installing rb and

getting it talking, I doubt my own ability to have got it working.

4. I submitted a request a couple of days ago for help with flashing

my players, and explained that I couldn't understand the instructions

in the manual. There was no implied criticism of the manual there,

merely my lack of ability.

5. I'm not a developer either, I'm an inexperienced and incompetent

user. I need help, and although I don't dispute for a moment that the

list may be primarily for developers, I hope it's OK for users to be

here and ask questions too. I wonder if it was a developer who came

up with the idea of having rockbox speak, or whether it was as a

result of a suggestion from another user, whether visually impaired or

not. I understood that this was the general discussion list for all

things pertaining to rockbox, hence why I joined.

6. Again I'd say that there's no excuse for insulting other members,

for being rude to each other, and for any vulgarity that doesn't

clearly arise from a lack of communication ability. I just want to

sound a note of caution to the calls for a ban.

Rob