Subject: Re: Mac Mp3 Tools?

Re: Mac Mp3 Tools?

From: Michael T. Kupietz, wearing a pointy hat <reginald_at_kupietz.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:03:35 -0700

At 9:10 PM +0200 6/16/04, Andreas Stemmer wrote:
>It's no problem to add a Mac column as soon as some nice tools are
>mentioned here.

iTunes-LAME plugin for itunes <http://blacktree.com/apps/iTunes-LAME/> - an
free gui frontend for the LAME engine, which lives in iTunes' "Script"
menu. LAME binary included as part of the package.

MP3 Rage <http://www.chaoticsoftware.com/ProductPages/MP3Rage.html>:
all-purpose "swiss army knife" of mp3 utilities. Helpful for organizing mp3
collections, editing tags, changing filenames from tag info or vice-versa,
much more.

Audion <http://www.panic.com/audion/>: Able to edit and split mp3s into
multiple files without messy decoding and re-encoding.

Disk Utility (free, included with Mac OS X): The version included with OS X
10.3 and later is able to perform basic diagnosis and repairs on FAT32
volumes.

And a little something to come...

Archos Cleaner <mine, still in private beta>: childishly simple applescript
front end for terminal commands that delete all the ".DS_Store",
"._xxxxx.mp3", ".Trashes", "Desktop DB" and other miscellaneous unwanted
files that MacOS deposits all over any connected FAT32 volume. I think most
Mac users here will agree that this is a sorely needed utility.

It basically works, but I haven't got user-friendly niceties added... such
as parsing the results of the commands so it doesn't give false error
alerts, an option to work with volumes named something other than
"JUKEBOX", etc. I hope to have this distributable soon. Down the line I
also am planning a feature to automate the Terminal commands for formatting
FAT32 volumes with Mac OS X.)

Mike

--
The great thing is, over the internet, nobody knows I'm a dog.