Subject: Re: CUE-file support?
From: Andreas Stemmer (
Date: 2004-06-17

Carsten Pache wrote:
> there is always(?) a problem with audio-mix-cds that contain a mix of songs
> without any pause between the songs. Using an audio cd-player you can still
> jump from song to song, but you hear no skip between the songs when you
> listen to the whole cd.
> ExactAudioCopy (for example) can create a MP3-compressed image of such an
> audio-cd and can also create a cue-file that contains markers for each song.
> (...)
> So cue-file support in Rockbox would be a nice feature IMHO.

I think there was already a patch for cue-file support in the patch
tracker some time ago, but I've never tried it.

Regarding the seamless playback, you can simply use your mp3-compressed
image and split it with mp3DirectCut according to the cue-file. The
resulting mp3s will play seamlessly in rockbox.