Subject: To clarify about Xclef OpenJukebox
From: Pascal Nowak (
Date: 2004-06-17

I'm one of the Xclef Openjukebox project's developper. I'm writing here to clarify the
project situation.

First, this project is not dead, it is still active.

Second, no code was realized yet because we are still in the reverse engineering step.

Third, If you don't see any source code, this is a normal situation. A part of the
OpenJukebox web site is limited to the Developper Team. Due to some laws from some
countries (Like the US DMCA Law, Patent laws ...), we don't publish publicly our
research results because there is some copyrighted material.

PS : Sorry for my english, I'm French

Pascal Nowak
OpenJukebox Project Developer
OpenJukebox Project is a project to make an alternaitf
firmware for the Xclef HDD based MP3 Jukebox family