Subject: Re: To clarify about Xclef OpenJukebox
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-06-17

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Pascal Nowak wrote:

> Second, no code was realized yet because we are still in the reverse
> engineering step.

If you publish what you know now, it is easier for others to join in and help
where you are currently not covered.

Now, you risk doing duplicate work if you decide to tear your unit apart and
join in.

>> Third, If you don't see any source code, this is a normal situation. A part of the
> OpenJukebox web site is limited to the Developper Team. Due to some laws
> from some countries (Like the US DMCA Law, Patent laws ...), we don't
> publish publicly our research results because there is some copyrighted
> material.

If you can't publish the results of your efforts, why are you doing this in
the first place? For the development team only?

Why not team up with someone in a country that doesn't have such laws or
someone that is willing to take the risk?

Besides, you should post this info on your site, since it certainly gives the
impression that your project is dead. How far have you reached in your work?
Can you program it yet? Have you dissassembled the original firmware? Have you
identified all hardware? Do you have specs for all hardware?

None of this info is available on your site, afaics.

I don't have an xclef and I might very well not get one in the nearest future
either, so feel free to ignore me.