Subject: Re: Koss Porta pros
From: Steve Matzura (number6_at_speakeasy.net)
Date: 2004-06-19

I live a short bus-ride away from J&R so I just checked their web
page. They want $40 for the PortaPros, and get this, there's a model
they list right underneath that's supposedly the PortaPro with
"strategic active noise reduction" for a mere $110 more! Yeah, $149!
Can ya believe it?

Years ago, I had a pair of Koss portable headphones that I thought I'd
keep until the end of time. Unfortunately, they got nicked by someone
who apparently liked them even more than I did. They were called
Sound Partners, and they had that temple-cushion thing that the
PortaPros have but it wasn't adjustable. The actual casing containing
the driver was square, which set them apart visually anyway from any
other portable headphone I'd ever used. And their sound was
unbelievable. Back in the days of autoreverse Walkman cassette
players and the like, they were the best things since sliced bread, so
I'm expecting great things from the 'Pros when I pick them up tomorrow
morning.

And thanks for goodcans.com. I had another headphone review site I
used to used but lost its link somewhere. This one looks even better
than the old one.