Subject: Re: still file menu

Re: still file menu

From: Salokyn <bazar.nicolas.gif_at_libertysurf.fr>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:14:02 +0200

muriel paugois a écrit :

> Hello,
> I am still with the file menu trouble.
> I found in the manual that the "file delete & rename" coud be sett to :
> yes yes, or, no no.
> And files, songs, directoryes could get a max number.
> It seems that the max number of some one of those items is set to 0, and file delete & rename set to no no.
> In wich configuration file can I check and modify.
>
> Other possibility, I delete all the rock box and load it again, but could I do that from the computer through the USB, using the ^w$ command whithout dommaging the archos disk which is not set with linux. does the dos command delete would dommage the disk.
> I'll prefered just modify the config file if possible.
> thanks for advise and help.
> Pierre.

Why do you think that Delete files will dommaging your Archos, a hard
disk is made for this: add, read and delete files.

I think the better solution is to remove the .rockbox folder's contents
(you can keep your .cfg files) and to reintall the last daily build.
Sometimes I got problems a bit like yours and reinstalling Rockbox fixes
everything.