Subject: Re: Plugin function removed - ARGH!
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-06-20

> Mainly aimed at Jo"rg this one,
> Last night I received an alpha version of a "Name That Tune" plugin ...and
> I must say I sat and played it for about 45 mins, slowly realising how
> poorly I knew my music collection.
> Errrrrr, I think you probably know where this is going...
> It's heading toward this chunk of code:
> /* wait for the mpeg thread to deal with our request */
> while (!rb->mpeg_has_changed_track())
> rb->yield();

Oh, you guys are so creative...
I have replaced mpeg_has_changed_track() from the plugin API yesterday,
because I thought it was a stupid idea of mine to publish it there and
nobody is using it.
Using it is "harmful" to the rest when I did, because it resets a flag and
then Rockbox will not see the track change any more. It is a race condition
between plugin and Rockbox, whoever polls first after a track change will
reset it, leaving the other dumb.
However, this was within my CD changer emulator, which runs in the
background, in parallel to the WPS. A foreground plugin may not harm the
system, haven't checked that.

+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router fr alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis*