Subject: Battery Test .Rock

Battery Test .Rock

From: Mark Bright <mark_at_redbreva.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:19:06 +0100

I have just been doing a little experimentation with the Battery Test
plug-in on my FMR looking for the answer to two questions.

1) Just what is the battery life of this box - continuous play - The WPS
value for a fully charged box indicates about 12 hours

2) Does enabling the optimised ATA code make any difference?

The results were a little surprising.

With the normal C ATA code - 9 hours 31 minutes

With the optimised ATA code - 9 hours 23 minutes

Both sets of figures give a very good approximation to a straight line when
plotted, so that's good, but
A) The battery life is well short of the estimate - with just about the
lowest power usage scenario you could imagine and
B) The Assembler code seemed to make no difference - in fact showed a small
reduction.