Subject: Re: implementing sort by date / what do you think?
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2004-06-20

>Hello,
>
>I'm about to implement a sort by date+time feature, as a choice to the
>standard alphabetic sorting. Am I the only one needing this? It surprises me
>that there is no stronger demand.

I would ALSO particularly love to see sort by
[directories]
[playlists]
[mp3s-by-file] OR [mp3s-by-timestamp-new-at-top]

I keep all my files by artist, then in the artist directory I have
playlists for all their albums.
I nearly always listen to (a) an album, or (b) the entire jukebox on
shuffle ...so to have playlists availble at the top of the dir listing
would be a god-send for me ...and, I am sure, others like me too.

There are two patches in the patch tracker for both these features.

I went to add the extension-sorter last night, but you've just changed all
the settings/RTC/disk code and I need to try and work out what you've done
so I can add a setting for what sort order was chosen by the user.

I'm sure it's really obvious, I just need to find where to look ;)
(all hints greatfully received)

...I think for file sorting options, using the disk-saved settings is most
appropriate.

You are not the first to want this, but you could well be the man to make
it a reality :)

BC