Subject: Re: Battery Test .Rock
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2004-06-20

Mark Bright wrote:
> I have just been doing a little experimentation with the Battery Test
> plug-in on my FMR looking for the answer to two questions.

> A) The battery life is well short of the estimate - with just about the
> lowest power usage scenario you could imagine

The estimation is based on the power drain of the old recorders. Could the FM/V2 units be using more power than the old ones? Has anybody measured the actual mA drain from the batteries on a V2/FM?

> B) The Assembler code seemed to make no difference - in fact showed a small
> reduction.

The difference however appears to be well within the margin of error. Did you try several test runs?

Please add your findings to the BatteryTest page: