Subject: Problem with buttons
From: Brian (
Date: 2004-06-20

Well I've owned two Archos products, first a Recorder and then a Recorder
V2. With my Recorder, I had a problem where every once in a while (about
10-15 presses) the recorder would confuse the Up button with F2, and bring
up the F2 menu. I didnt give much of a thought to this, it didnt really
bother me; I just assumed that it was because of the lower quality buttons
on the Recorder.

But now, I own a Recorder V2, and it is beginning to happen again. Not only
that, but also: right is confused with left once out of 10 or 15 presses,
and down is confused with right a little less frequently than that.

I probably should have done a little work for myself and tried working with
Archos firmware to find out if the problem is hardware or software related,
but I have not. I'll begin doing that today.

Has anyone else had this problem?