Subject: RE: Prob with Archos fm
From: Mike Holden (
Date: 2004-06-21

rinty said:
> Blow me? a very very mild expletive often used by my grand mother, and
> others of that generation, rather like "stone-a- crows".

There are 2 origins of the phrase "blow me". One of them is the "older"
version, used by grandmothers (and mothers), which is indeed very mild,
and is actually "blow me down" - a statement of surprise.

The version being discussed here is "blow me", which is indeed from "blow
job" - fellatio.

There is no need for that kind of behaviour on this list.

Mike Holden

Rockbox page: