Subject: Re: Koss Porta pros
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2004-06-21

Green, Tom wrote:
> Fred,
>
> Glad you were successful ordering from Koss. That's an interesting
> approach using the one-time use credit card, I'll have to remember that.

I use the one-time-use credit cards on a regular basis -- especially if
I'm unsure of the seller, pricing, etc. Quite handy.

> Thanks for the link to "Goodcans". Very interesting page. Just goes to
> show once again that specs aren't everything.

This brings up a side-topic (about which we may agree): Specs may not
be everything, but measurements are. It's a matter of determining what
measurements to make, how to make them, and correlating that to human
perceptions. Many audiophiles believe that only a "golden ear" can
truly evaluate audio equipments, while many "Stereo Review" writers and
subscribers believe that we have defined all necessary measurements.
Neither group is right and I hope that we get some meaningful research
so that we have more to go on than frequency response, S/N ratio, and
THD (total harmonic distortion).

Regards,
   Fred Maxwell