Subject: RE: problem recording with V1
From: Dave Jones, HFP Acoustical (dave_at_hfpacoustical.com)
Date: 2004-06-21

As a check, after you press the "play/pause" button while in the recording
screen, the square symbol in the middle of the top row of the LCD will turn
into a circle (i.e. from "stop" to "record"). Also, the file size counter
will start to tick upwards (if you have split time = off) and the recording
time counter will start to tick upwards. I always check these things before
I assume that the Archos is recording anything.

> > game, and a concert in the last week. The really annoying part is,
> > that the bloody sound comes through the headphones even when it's not
> > recording anything.

That's so you can set the level before you start the recording. I think
it's actually a "feature".

> > have been the recording just isn't there. I also understood that
> > recordings are always put into the recordings directory, but I usually
> > seem to find them in the root directory.

> > the quality to 7, (I'm going to convert later to .ogg for a friend, so
> > want the best quality recording I can get for conversion, to minimise
> > the effect of double lossy format. Channels to stereo, directory to
> > current directory. Pre-record time to off. . Time split to off.

If you set the directory setting to "/recordings" then they will appear
there, your current setting is "current directory" which means they get
placed where ever you are when you enter the recording screen.

Dave