Subject: RE: problem recording with V1

RE: problem recording with V1

From: Dave Jones, HFP Acoustical <dave_at_hfpacoustical.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:28:56 -0500

Oh right, don't I feel a bit foolish.

Hmmm, I suppose the only reliable way to determine if the unit is recording
and you can't see the LCD, is to wait for the buffer to fill and listen for
the disk spin up to write, eh? I don't think that there is any reason for a
disk spin up on the recording screen otherwise.

So, for non-sighted recording:

1) Enter the recording screen.
2) Adjust gain with right/left arrows.
3) Press "play/pause".
4) There should be a short disk spin-up right after you press the
"play/pause" button. Hopefully you have a loud enough hard drive that you
can hear the spin up.

Then every few minutes or so thereafter there should be another short disk
spin-up. The exact amount of time between spin-ups depends on your quality
settings, the complexity of the recorded signal, etc. I just recorded a
quality 5, 44.1 kHz, test recording from the mic and it seems to spin up
every 1 minute 40 seconds or so.

No disk spin-ups mean no recording.

Dave