Subject: Re: Archos Jukebox 20 with only a 10Gig drive!?
From: Fred Maxwell (
Date: 2004-06-21

Dave Jones, HFP Acoustical wrote:

> I just opened a brand new (bought in a sealed package from an Ebay
> seller) Archos jukebox recorder 20 that only seems to have a 10 Gig
> drive in it.
> I'm looking at it in explorer, under Windows XP, and the properties
> swears that it's only 9.37 Gigs.
> The computer management|storage|disk management interface shows a 9.37
> Gig drive as well with a single FAT32 partition. So it's not a
> partitioning problem.
> Anybody else heard of the completely wrong size drive being dropped into
> a AJBR?

I have to believe that someone with access to shrink-wrap equipment is
to blame. I don't believe, for a moment, that Archos put the wrong
drive into the unit. You might try e-mailing Archos and see if they had
a run like that, but I'm betting that someone swapped drives after the
unit left the factory.

   Fred Maxwell