Subject: LED as a record indicator
From: Martin Borus (martin_at_borus.de)
Date: 2004-06-22

> > What about the little patch that uses the red LED as a record indicator
>
> I'm not sure I want to add confusion about what the red LED means.
>

>The possible confusion concerns only those few people who actually use the
>recording feature. The patch mentioned in fact may be confusing. But a
>simple option to toggle the meaning of the led as "recording indicator" /
>"hd activity indicator" would be nice. It would be a real benefit as you
>then could see from the distance wether the unit is recording. Momentarily I
>always have to cross the practice room in order to verify that.

I'm strongly in favour of this suggestion. I've lost some recordings because I
forgot to start them or the batteries went out without me noticeing.

Having a red light running during the recording and flashing during pause
is also consistent with the behaviour of many other audio/video devices, so it might
not be that confusing to new users.

Regards
Martin