Subject: Re: problem recording with V1
From: Cristian (cguiducci_at_gostec.net)
Date: 2004-06-22

Linus wrote:
>The Karaoke mode does not allow you to use the mic(*). The thing is that in this "monitoring" mode, the MAS runs the encoding application, and can't generate sound. To do that, it has to run the decoding application.
>(*) however, that is a feature we may add. The MAS doesn't have to be in the encoding mode to pass through the mic input.

Linus, that would be great, really, it would give us blind, together with the voice output, the ability to know when a recording starts and when it is paused, a small small signal of some kind would doo. even a click and a double click through the headphones... I'm always uncertain about recording or not, since the harddrive doesn't spinn immediatly. Thanks and this list is one of the most stimulating I ever saw.

          Cristian