Subject: ATA -1
From: Mayur M. Patel (
Date: 2004-06-23

My JBR20 was dropped. It has been flashed and I used the UCL from the
latest release (2.2) to do whatever the UCL does (this flashing stuff
confuses me, not because I'm stupid, it's just too must info to process so
late at night which is the only time I have right now). Now, the RoLo
screen comes up stating the version is 2.2 and then it says "ATA -1" then
asked me to press "On" to debug.
I searched on the net and at the rockbox website, there was no clear cut
answer only people saying try this and try that but no one wrote back and
said, hey, this or that worked. I've booted into original firmware using F1
and even charged it. Then I changed the batteries to freshly charged ones.
If I hold the unit up to my ear I can hear faint clicking.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.