Subject: RE: ATA -1
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2004-06-23

> My JBR20 was dropped.

Oh nooooooooooo.

> I've booted into original firmware using F1 and even charged it.

Charging doesn't try to spin up the drive.

> If I hold the unit up to my ear I can hear faint clicking.

When you can hear the drive clicking it usually means it isn't getting
enough current to spin up the disk. Sounds like a broken contact between
the batteries and the drive at best, or a broken drive at worst. Either way
a good starting point is to pull the drive out and see if you can still
access it directly on your PC using an adaptor.

Good luck.

Stu.